- This event has passed.
Wand Makin’ Workshop!
August 8, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm$15.00
We had such a great response from our Harry Potter-y camp’s wand workshop that we decided to offer it as a standalone class. So, if you weren’t able to come to camp, didn’t want a full week of art fun or just want to make your own wand, join us for this wand making event. Our wonderful staff provides you with instructions and suggestions. Class will run from 2:00 pm until 5pm, with instructions occurring at 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00. Adults and children are welcome (we suggest at least 8 years old, younger with a parent to assist).
Class registration of $15/person includes:
- An appropriate amount of clay to create one hand-size wand (no more than 2 lbs. of clay, no more than 18″ in length).
- 30 minutes of group instruction.
- 1 hour of create time (more if space allows).
- Firing of completed wand.
- GLAZING AND REFIRING IS NOT INCLUDED. Once fired you can paint these wands at home with acrylic paints, house paints, etc. They actually look best when painted with acrylic craft paints, then “antiqued” with an oil base wood stain (like most of us have in our garage leftover from some staining project). We will be happy to explain to you how that’s done. Feel free to use puffy paints, metallic paints and waxes, glitter glue, paint markers, dyes and inks, etc. to color and decorate. Add sparkly embellishments, stickers, yarn, string, raffia — the possibilities are endless! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PAINT WITH GLAZES AND HAVE US REFIRE, THERE IS A $15 FEE PER WAND.
Payment due at time of reservation.
NO Refunds A credit to attend a future class will be issued if cancellation is made more than 24 hours before the scheduled event. Thank you.